Private Wheel Throwing Bubble Parties
We now offer private parties. For a minimum of $250 come in with a group of people and enjoy a fairly one-on-one experience with our talented instructor. All party attendees are allowed to keep their two favorite pieces and we'll do all the trimming and glazing. Read below to learn the specifics and to book your next great party with us!
- (Pre-Covid: We have 9 wheels available, but a group of 10 would work if 2 people share a wheel.)
- Covid: We have 4 wheels available in one room and 3 in another room, spaced 6 feet apart.
- Plan on a 2-hour party. Plan to get messy. Remove rings, jewelry, and watches before throwing.
- Everyone will sign a Release of Liability Waiver upon arriving.
- Everyone must wear a "hands-free" face mask on the premises (No bandanas or buffs). Masks must cover nose and mouth at all times. Everyone must wash their hands in a sink prior to starting. After clay is used, hand washing is done only in the buckets of water provided. Clay, of any amount, does not go in any of our sinks and drains. If clay is found in a sink, an extra charge of $300 will be added to your party.
- A brief, but detailed, demonstration on the wheel will be given by an instructor, followed by everyone giving the pottery wheel a spin with clay.
- Staff will be on hand to verbally coach you along, at a distance.
- Everyone will get a 2 lb. ball of clay that is ready to throw on a wheel. Participants may make more than one piece but would pick no more than their 2 favorites.
- There are five glaze colors to choose from. We (the staff of Clay Art Space) will care for your pieces, trim the bottom, kiln fire, and dip glaze all the pieces after the party is over. Individuals may not paint or glaze their own wheel-made items from these events.
- If food and drinks are part of your groups event, you may bring all the food and drinks for your party and have use of a clean room for laying out the party foods and drinks for an additional $50. You provide plates, cups, flatware, and napkins if needed to serve and consume and we provide tables, chairs, and a space for refrigeration, and trash service. Everyone can eat first, grab a drink and head to the wheel room.
- The host of the party will return in 8 - 12 weeks to pick up all the items to distribute to their group, after we call you to let you know they are done.
- Kiln firing times vary and not all pieces fit into the same kiln firing, so it can take a while to get all the pieces fired.
Cost: We charge a minimum of $250, $100 of which is non refundable, to be paid in advance for 1 to 4 individuals. Any additional persons attending is another $50 each. (Pre-covid: We provide space for a maximum of 10 individuals.) Covid: We provide space for a maximum of 4 individuals. For use of the party room we charge $50 for two hours with the option to rent it longer for an additional $25 per hour. Stop in or call to reserve your Saturday night (only available on the 3rd Saturday of each month or the third Saturday in relation to monthly classes) and put down a deposit to get your party booked in our calendar. Phone: 907-563-2529.
Cancellation Policy: If you cancel the booked date a week or more before the reserved party date, another date may be reserved in the future and we will move your deposit to the new date. One date change allowed per Down Payment Deposit. If cancelled with less than one week before the party, then the Down Payment Deposit is forfeited and non-refundable to cover planning expenses. If cancelled and not booked to a future date, the Down Payment Deposit is forfeited and non-refundable regardless of the timing.
**Quality of work produced is not guaranteed. A fun time and friends bonding are a large part of the purpose of the experience. There are health hazards associated with clay activities and each person is responsible for their ability to participate in this activity. Please be aware of our fragrance and pet allergy policies, meaning don't wear perfumes and pets are not allowed in our facility, especially furry ones. We ask for your consideration to wear clothing that does not have pet hairs clinging to them. We are also a Glitter-Free zone.
**Long hair must be tied up in a braid or a secure ponytail that won't fall forward. Hair can get caught by the motion of the wheel and quickly cause serious injury. Jewelry such as long necklaces, finger rings, bracelets, and watches should be removed before sitting at a wheel.