Private Wheel Throwing Bubble Parties
We now offer private parties. For a minimum of $250 come in with a group of people and enjoy a fairly one-on-one experience with our talented instructor. All party attendees are allowed to keep their two favorite pieces and we'll do all the trimming and glazing. Read below to learn the specifics and to book your next great party with us!
- We have 9 wheels available, but a group of 10 would work if 2 people share a wheel.
- Plan on a 2-hour party. Plan to get messy. Remove rings, jewelry, and watches before throwing.
- Everyone will sign a Release of Liability Waiver upon arriving.
- Everyone must wear a "hands-free" face mask on the premises (No bandanas or buffs)
- A brief demonstration on the wheel will be given by an instructor, followed by everyone giving the pottery wheel a spin.
- Staff will be on hand to verbally coach you along, at a distance.
- Everyone will get a 2 lb. ball of clay that is ready to throw on a wheel. Participants may make more than one piece but would pick no more than their 2 favorites.
- There are five glaze colors to choose from. We (the staff of Clay Art Space) will care for your pieces, trim the bottom, kiln fire, and dip glaze all the pieces after the party is over. Individuals may not paint or glaze their own wheel-made items from these events.
- If food and drinks are part of your groups event, you may bring all the food and drinks for your party and have use of a clean room for laying out the party foods and drinks for an additional $50. You provide plates, cups, flatware, and napkins if needed to serve and consume and we provide tables, chairs, and a space for refrigeration. Everyone can eat first, grab a drink and head to the wheel room.
- The host of the party will return in 8 - 12 weeks to pick up all the items to distribute to their group, after we call you to let you know they are done.
- Kiln firing times vary and not all pieces fit into the same kiln firing, so it can take a while to get all the pieces fired.
Cost: We charge a minimum of $250, $100 of which is non refundable, to be paid in advance for up to 5 individuals. Any additional persons attending is another $50 each. We provide space for a maximum of 10 individuals. For use of the party room we charge $50 for two hours with the option to rent it longer for an additional $25 per hour. Stop in or call to reserve your Saturday night and put down a deposit to get your party booked in our calendar. Phone: 907-563-2529.
Cancellation Policy: If you cancel the booked date a week before the reserved party date, another date may be reserved in the future and we will move your deposit to the new date. One date change allowed per Down Payment Deposit. If cancelled with less than one week before the party, then the Down Payment Deposit is forfeited and non-refundable. If cancelled and not booked to a future date, the Down Payment Deposit is forfeited and non-refundable.
**Quality of work produced is not guaranteed. A fun time and friends bonding are a large part of the purpose of the experience. There are health hazards associated with clay activities and each person is responsible for their ability to participate in this activity. Please be aware of our fragrance and pet allergy policies, meaning don't wear perfumes and pets are not allowed in our facility, especially furry ones.
**Long hair must be tied up in a braid or a secure ponytail that won't fall forward. Jewelry such as long necklaces, finger rings, bracelets, and watches should be removed before sitting at a wheel.