Private Wheel Throwing Parties
We now offer private parties. For a minimum of $225, come in with a group of people and enjoy a fairly one-on-one experience with our talented instructors. All party attendees are allowed to keep one piece per person and we'll do all the trimming and glazing. Read below to learn the specifics and to book your next great party with us!
- We have 6-10 wheels available.
- Plan on 1-1/2 to 2 hours max for the party. Plan to get messy. Remove rings, jewelry (long necklaces), and watches before throwing. Tie up long hair so it doesn't fall forward.
- Everyone will sign a Release of Liability Waiver upon arriving.
- Food & drinks may be brought if the "Party Room" is rented in addition to the wheel party. The party room can be rented for $50/hour. Food is consumed prior to handling clay on the wheels. :et is know ahead of the party day so we can prepare the party room for your event. Adult beverages are allowed for parties over age 21. Responsible drinking is expected.
- After clay is used, hand washing is done only in the buckets of water provided. Clay, of any amount, does not go in any of our sinks and drains. If clay is found in a sink, an extra charge of $300 will be added to your party.
- A brief, but detailed, demonstration on the wheel will be given by an instructor, followed by everyone giving the pottery wheel a spin with clay.
- Staff will be on hand to verbally coach you along.
- Everyone will get a 2 lb. ball of clay that is ready to throw on a wheel. Participants may make a second piece, but will pick their one best piece to keep.
- There are five glaze colors to choose from. We (the staff of Clay Art Space) will care for your pieces, trim the bottom, kiln fire, and dip glaze all the pieces after the party is over. Individuals may not paint or glaze their own wheel-made items from these events.
- The host of the party will return in appx 12 weeks to pick up all the items to distribute to their group, or after we call you to let you know they are done.
- Kiln firing times vary and not all pieces fit into the same kiln firing, so it can take a while to get all the pieces fired.
- For ages 16 and up.
- We charge a minimum of $225, $100 of which is non refundable, to be paid in advance for 1 to 3 individuals. Any additional persons attending is another $75 each. We can provide space for a maximum of 10 individuals.
Cancellation Policy: If you cancel the booked date a week or more before the reserved party date, another date may be reserved in the future and we will move your deposit to the new date. One date change allowed per Down Payment Deposit. If cancelled with less than one week before the party, then the Down Payment Deposit is forfeited and non-refundable to cover planning expenses. If cancelled and not booked to a future date, the Down Payment Deposit is forfeited and non-refundable regardless of the timing.
**Quality of work produced is not guaranteed. A fun time and friends bonding are a large part of the purpose of the experience. There are health hazards associated with clay activities and each person is responsible for their ability to participate in this activity. Please be aware of our fragrance and pet allergy policies, meaning don't wear perfumes and pets are not allowed in our facility, as we are allergic to furry ones. We ask for your consideration to wear clothing that does not have pet hairs clinging to them. We are also a Glitter-Free zone.
**Long hair must be tied up in a braid or a secure ponytail that won't fall forward. Hair can get caught by the motion of the wheel and quickly cause serious injury. Jewelry such as long necklaces, finger rings, bracelets, and watches should be removed before sitting at a wheel. Fingernails should be trimmed or cut short. Long or fancy fingernails interfere with producing pottery.
**Please refrain from using perfumes and other man-made scents when planning to visit the studio.
**For everyone's safety and well being, you must certify that all members of your group are in good health and have not been exposed to covid-19 or have other signs of illness. If you are currently testing positive for covid, we ask that you not enter our premises at all. If you have been contacted after being near someone who has tested positive, please complete a 14 day quarantine and get tested at least twice to show two negative results.
**Due to allergies, please ensure your clothing is free of pet hairs and dander.