Homeschool Hand Building (8+)
Beginning level classes teaching home school students ages 8 and up, the basics of hand building with clay on Thursday for 4 weeks, 12-3 pm.
Students learn the basics of hand building, such as:
- Use the Pinch Pot method to make a rattle
- Use the Coil method to make a bowl or vase
- Use the Slab method to make a mug w/ a handle
- Make a gnome sculpture
- Glazing and Kiln Firing included for 6 finished pieces of average size (5x5x5). Extra costs for larger items and more than 6 pieces
- Class size: 6 maximum
- Fill out a Registration Form & sign a Liability Waiver at the studio
- $350 covers the cost of the class, instruction & materials. Homework will be assigned and is part of the completed grade. Complete clean up of work areas are expected and are also accounted in the class grade.
- 12 hours of in person instruction with 18 hours for homework to attain school credits (30 hours).
- Extra reading & studying will be assigned if more hours are required to complete a 1/4 credit.