Adult Wheel Throwing for Raku, AUGUST 2023
Adult Wheel Throwing, twice a week, for 2.5 consecutive weeks on Monday & Wednesday, 6 pm – 9 pm. August 7th to 21st, 2023. This is a shorter, faster class. We may focus on throwing vessels for a Raku firing in September. These vessels are "thrown and altered" vases.
This class does not include the Raku firing fees, but does include making items and bisque firing them.
Then sign up for the Raku Firing Event to glaze & raku fire your vessels in September. Raku firing is weather dependent and the date may need to flex with the weather, but would typically be on a Saturday or Sunday. We are currently planning on Sept 16, 2023. The signups for the raku firing will be available in late August.
This class includes:
- 25 lbs. of clay
- Bisque kiln firing for up to 10 pieces of average size (4x4x4). Extra costs for larger items and more than 10 pieces
- Use of studio throwing tools
- Instructions for throwing, starting with wedging & centering clay on the wheel for beginners, and further development for intermediate to advance levels
- Projects may include "thrown and altered" vases, and jars with lids
- Learn the rules of the studio to work & clean up safely
- This is for all levels of experience, including new clay artists with no experience or with high school or college level experience, or for potters with prior skills. Those with prior experience may enjoy this class more than someone with no prior experience due to the shorter duration of the class.
- Class size: 6 maximum
- Adults 18 and older
- Fill out a Registration Form & sign a Liability Waiver at the studio
- June 2022 onward: Face-Masks are suggested during flu season. Hands-free masks, not bandanas.
- We cannot guarantee availability of services, but we are trying our best to offer classes and be safe and healthy. Only sign up for a class date that you can commit to please. This class price does not qualify for being moved forward to another date, without incurring more fees for a longer class.
- We know it's tough in the world right now. Attending a pottery class might help distract you from the news. The time spent in class focusing on the malleable materials in your hands will alleviate some of the stress going on around us. Give yourself a break. Come focus on something that is challenging, creative and new. Now is the time to do the things you always wanted to do, but haven't yet, like trying a pottery class!
You should get an email receipt after you sign up and pay for a class. Please mark this email as "Not Spam" in your inbox to help Google learn to not filter out our emails. There will not be a reminder email so make sure you get the class start date on your calendar! Thank you!