Wheel Throwing Private Parties
We've been getting requests for Private Parties in the Wheel Throwing Room. So here's what we can offer: For ages 12 years and up, and adults. Maximum group size is 10 people for clay work.
- We have 9 wheels available, but a group of 10 would work if 2 people share a wheel.
- Plan on a 2-hour party. Plan to get messy.
- Everyone will sign a Release of Liability Waiver upon arriving.
- A brief demonstration on the wheel will be given by an instructor, followed by everyone giving a pottery wheel a spin.
- Staff will be on hand to help.
- Everyone would get a 2 lb. ball of clay that is ready to throw on a wheel. Participants may make more than one piece but would pick no more than their 2 favorites.
- There are five glaze colors to choose from. We (the staff of Clay Art Space) will trim the bottom, kiln fire, and dip glaze all the pieces after the party is over. Individuals may not paint or glaze their own wheel-made items from these events.
- If food and drinks are part of your groups event, you may bring all the food and drinks for your party and have use of a clean room for laying out the party foods and drinks for an additional $150. Also, you provide plates, cups, flatware, and napkins if needed to serve and consume. Everyone can eat first, grab a drink and head to the wheel room.
- The host of the party will return in 2-8 weeks to pick up all the items to distribute to their group, after we call you to let you know they are done.
- Kiln firing times vary and not all pieces fit into the same kiln firing, so it can take a while to get all the pieces fired sometimes.
Cost: $500 per party, no exceptions or discounts allowed. Additional $150 for use of the Party Room for food and drinks. $250 Down Payment Deposit required to reserve available date. $100 of deposit is non-refundable. Stop in or call to reserve your Friday night and put down a deposit to get your party booked in our calendar. Phone: 907-563-2529.
Cancellation Policy: If you cancel the booked date a week before the reserved party date, another date may be reserved in the future and we will move your deposit to the new date. One date change allowed per Down Payment Deposit. If cancelled with less than one week before the party, then the Down Payment Deposit is forfeited and non-refundable. If cancelled and not booked to a future date, the Down Payment Deposit is forfeited and non-refundable.
**Quality of work produced is not guaranteed. A fun time and friends bonding are a large part of the purpose of the experience. There are health hazards associated with clay activities and each person is responsible for their ability to participate in this activity. Please be aware of our fragrance and pet allergy policies, meaning don't wear perfumes and pets are not allowed in our facility, especially furry ones.
**Long hair must be tied up in a braid or a secure ponytail that won't fall forward. Jewelry such as long necklaces, finger rings, bracelets, and watches should be removed before sitting at a wheel.