Join our Team
We are hiring. Please send your resume by email if you would be interested in working in a pottery studio/PYOP/Gallery & Store. Or you can stop in and pick up an application. We are looking for people who can lift & carry 50 lbs, maybe throw clay on a wheel, teach classes, hang artwork, arrange pottery and other duties including:
- Cleaning & mopping the studio, bathrooms, gallery, and everywhere else
- Pugging & recycling clay slop
- Cleaning up after others
- Assisting with events in the studio and offsite.
- Selling items in a gallery, Paint-a-Pot activities, clay & supplies, etc. This requires cashier & customer service skills. Good handwriting required and accurately recording money transactions.
- The ability to safely lift and carry 50 lbs is required. We have other heavy jobs to be done as well.
- And there's much more to do and get done around the studio.
We are seeking a Gallery Manager/Coordinator, or other business oriented personnel, to bring their years of business experience to our shop.
We are seeking a part-time pottery tech to maintain the studio, recycle the clay, mop all the floors, dust the gallery and clean the bathrooms. Tech would offer information to customers in classes or throw down events, and help other studio users follow the studio rules. Tech will help ring up sales in the gallery. Tech can assist with Paint-Your-Pot customers too. Help continue the mission.
Midnight Potter Studios LLC dba Clay Art Space is run by employees & volunteers who love art & making pottery.
Jenny Ditto, Instructor
Professional potter, Jenny Ditto, aka the Midnight Potter, teaches pottery wheel throwing. She has over 35 years of clay work experience. Her life goal is to create an art center in Anchorage for Clay, Glass, & Metal mediums.
Salena Morrow, Instructor
Salena teaches our Kids Art Classes. With professional experience in clay sculpture, graphic art, painting, jewelry, and forays into 30+ modalities, students benefit from her knowledge and enthusiasm for the creative process.
Gloria Alsworth, Studio Tech
Gloria has 5 years of experience working with clay. She likes to throw bowls and the limitless possibilities of clay creations. She studies art in UAA's Fine Arts Dept. She is assisting in the studio as a tech and all around assistant.